Sunday, August 11, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt Reveal

Today was my friend's daughter's bridal shower.  And if you are a hopeless romantic like me, you'll agree there's nothing like getting together with family and friends on a special occasion like this--second best only to weddings.  (Yes I'm sappy.)  I do have to admit that it has been a little while since I've last attended one--a bridal shower that is.  This one was especially significant to me, aside from being a part of honoring the bride-to-be, who I watched grow up with my own kids, I had contributed indirectly to her "big" gift that was going to be from her mother and father and I couldn't wait to see her reaction.  You may remember a few weeks ago, I mentioned I was making a quilt for a customer and that I would be showing it to you when it was done.  Well I was finished with it several days ago but decided not to post it until now because of the off chance my friend's (also customer) daughter, Danielle, might visit my blog and see it before she was to receive it, and that would have been a bummer.   Here is a picture of it immediately after I finished it.



Anyway, back to the shower . . .  the package with her quilt in it was to be opened last, so Danielle's mother and I were patient yet anxious to see her reaction.  Talk about waiting for "the reveal!"  Ahhh, the moment finally came, and, of course, there were tears of joy and Danielle was deeply touched.  She was so surprised to find out that her mother had saved all of her t-shirts since the age of four participating in various sports all the way through her college years, AND to also have them made into a quilt brought on the waterworks!   Being there and knowing that this will be a quilt she'll cherish for the rest of her life was really pretty cool.  I was so happy to be able to witness that moment.  I took pictures!









Mother and Daughter


Great job mom (Rhonda)!  Rhonda and Ben, you two are awesome parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .