Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Fruit Cocktail Is Refreshing!

I'm not referring to a beverage; I'm referring to my quilt in the making. 

Well I admit I'm one of those crazy quilters, who, on occasion, will start one project and then begin another.  If you noticed in one of my previous posts, I designed my "Sunrise Social" quilt on EQ7 and was ready to begin cutting and piecing, BUT fabric from my stash kept catching my eye.  I suppose I was more in the mood to work with the bright pinks, limes, intense yellows, and the deep orange fabrics that I had recently acquired then to move forward with my original project.  (I keep telling myself that I'll get back to the other project once I complete this one.  LOL)  It was a bit of a inner-struggle; I tried to ignore the fruity, fun colors but failed miserably.  I relinquished control, and so I am now the proud owner of a pieced top, soon to be my quilt called "Fruit Cocktail", which is all improvised piecing.  Putting this together was just as much fun as the colors, and I incorporated white throughout to make the colors pop even more.  This is still a "work in progress," however, I wanted to share what I've accomplished so far.  
 
Anyway, here is the top:


And here's my backing and the lime green print will be my binding.


I will be free motion quilting but have yet to determine the design.  It may be fruit, it may be flowers, it may be shapes, or a combination?  Who knows?

I can't wait to show you the finished product, which will be posted at a later date--sooner NOT later!

We'll chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .