Monday, October 22, 2012

Everlasting Hug

My daughter's quilt is finished, and I am anxious for her to see it.  My wait, however, will be a little long today, as she has school tonight and won't be in until around 10 PM.  As most of you know, I enjoy quilt making but making this one was very special.  Here's why.

For the last couple of years, my daughter, as a young adult, has had her fair share of tribulations--none of which I will bore you with--but it seems no one I know personally is more deserving of a hug than she.  Being her mother, one who has watched her grow up to become a fine young lady, and who is now a mother also, it's only natural that when you witness your own child going through tough times, you want to at least give them a hug as an offering of encouragement, comfort, and support.  So while working on this project I had ample time to reflect on recent times, especially where she's concerned and have come to realize that this quilt will always be a hug from me, an everlasting hug!

This is Cubic Rhythm in its final form -





Well I better get started on my Halloween costume.  I've got a party to go to on Friday . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .