The Modern Quilt Guild has asked attendees to share five things you do not know about us/me. So in response to that, here are the following things you may not know:
1) All though I was not born in the U.S., I was raised here since I was 16 months old and grew up in the Midwest - actually Kansas City, Missouri - and went to parochial schools from 1st grade through high school.
2) I was a cheerleader for 3 of the 4 years in high school and was into sports but have always had a primary interest in sewing, cooking, and home economics. A year after graduation I married my high school sweetheart.
3) My husband and I raised my little sister and two of our own children in a suburb 20 minutes east of Kansas City called Blue Springs. Now, my son is an artist and lives in Los Angeles and my daughter, formerly a sergeant in the Army, now works for the Social Security Administration in Kansas City and is married and has one son, and two step sons.
4) While we are technically "Empty Nesters", we are highly involved in the education and development of our grandson, who loves to provide his input on my quilting projects from time to time.
|My grandson - Tyler and my husband - Ray|
5) I have a very supportive husband, who enjoys the things I create, whether it's quilting, cake decorating, (I've been known to dabble in the craft as well), teaching, gardening, or cooking and entertaining friends and family.
|Me working with my sewing student|
I can't wait to meet everyone in person - see you soon!