Tuesday, February 12, 2013

. . . Backpack Ready

The tasks on my To Do List are slowly but surely getting crossed off.  Eight days to go and hubby and I will be on our way to Austin, Texas.  The cutting mat that I ordered was delivered yesterday, so last night I adhered it to the Take-Along Cutting/Pressing platform I was working on last week. This is what it looks like completely finished.



Today I made a backpack to carry my mat, sewing supplies, and a few personal items.  I find that it's so much nicer to not have to carry things all day long.  Here's my backpack and it should go with anything I wear.   (Sorry about the picture quality.)

Front view -


 Back view -


Yes, I could have bought these items, but what fun would that be?

Next, I will need to cut what seems like an infinite number of 5 1/2 inch hexagons for one of the workshops.  Then I will need to finish my BOM (block of the month) project and then at least start on my Mug Rug Swap project before we go--these will stay at home but will need to be completed or be close to completion by the time we return.  Packing will begin early next week.

Are you usually super busy before you go on a trip?  Does preparation seem very involved or are you the "make it simple" type and are rested even before you get to your destination?  Your comments and tips are certainly welcome.

I'll be back soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready for QuiltCon, Denise! I wish I could say the same. I hope to run into you there. Safe travels to you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe travels to you as well. I love to meet you and discuss how you like your newest addition - your long arm.

      Delete

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .