Friday, February 8, 2013

QuiltCon Preparation

So now that the Madrona Road Quilt Challenge is over, it's time to start preparing for QuiltCon--woo hooo!  I do have to admit though that I had already started gathering supplies that I knew I would need last week for this week.  So today, about an hour after my workout at the gym, I started making a Take-Along Work Surface, which is a combination cutting and ironing mat.  I am still waiting on the Omni cutting mat portion to be delivered but other than that, it is ready to go.  If anyone is interested in making this as well, I happened to have found this little gem one day while perusing the book Quilt Lover's Gifts - Best of Fons & Porter at the fabric store.  It's really quite easy to make and it requires very little in the way of fabric and supplies.  Also this meets the recommended dimensions for personal work mats for classes at QuiltCon--see their list of workshop supplies on-line.  This particular item, by the way, was recommended but not required.  For me, I felt that this item will always come in handy for future retreats and workshops so I decided to go ahead and make one. 

This is what it looks like:   folded/transportable view -


 

Open view - still waiting for my cutting mat, which will be adhered to on right.



This is the outer surface or bottom view that has been flipped over to become an ironing mat.






Feel free to post or email me if you are interested in making one of your own.  My email address is:  projectniniquilts@yahoo.com.  One project down, many more to go!  Enjoy the day!


Denise





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .