Saturday, May 11, 2013

I List Them

In order to stay on top of the many projects ahead, I list them and check them off as I go--especially when there are so many projects due within a short period of time.  If I didn't know any better, I would believe I was smack dab in the middle of the holidays again.  The only difference is that when I look outside I see that the grass is now green and when I'm in my sewing room the sun comes through a great deal longer.  Thank goodness for natural light; it does wonders for these eyes!

So just off the top of my head, as of today, my sewing/quilting list looks like this:

-  Make gift for grandson's teacher - due next week.

-  Teach applique to Maria (my sewing student) for a graduation gift she's giving to a friend
    - due May 23

-  Guide sewing students on their projects for our booth at the Sprint Campus - due June 19

-  My prep for booth set-up--Project NiniQuilts to be at Sprint Campus - due June 19.  
    That is, make one display plus 12 each of the following summer themed items for sale:

                  13 coin purses
                  13 totes
                  13 picnic mats with cloth napkins
                  13 sun glass cases
                  13 water bottle holders
                  13 headbands - help sewing students
                  13 quilted cuffs - help sewing students
                  13 beer or soda can cozies
                   garments worn by sewing students
                  1 or 2 quilts for display
                  1 bunting with company name & logo


-  Prepare order forms, business cards, and fliers with sewing classes offered

-  Plan, design and make quilt for hubby for Father's Day - due June 16

-  Make 3 pillows for daughter's sofa & modify sheers for bedroom window - no due date

I believe I'll be staying out of trouble at least through mid-June--don't you? What do you do to stay on track when you have a lot going on?  Do you use a calendar, smart-phone, bulletin board, or make post-its along the way?
      

      







4 comments:

  1. Oh, for heaven's sake, Denise!!! You REALLY have your plate full! I think you definitely will be one of the busiest bees around over the next month+!!!

    I am a list maker, too. Always have been. I love the idea of checking off each project as I complete it. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment!

    I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alycia, I did have a great day yesterday. I hope you had a great Mother's Day too. What I did the first part of the day was shortened and hemmed my daughter's sheers she had purchased for her bedroom window and then gave them to her with a card for Mother's Day. We put them up in the afternoon and they look great. So that's one task checked off my list - yahoo! She, in turn, made a lovely lasagna dinner for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought I had a lot on my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - Don't we all. I have gotten one checked off and am working on the next. I've got to keep it moving. Thanks for coming by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .