Although it was fun to make and has some nice detail, being zippered and pleated and colorful and all, but it just didn't really seem fitting for a quilter. So I wracked my brain trying to come up with something . . . but it wasn't until yesterday, after scouring over blogs and websites, that I found something that gave me inspiration. I happened to have taken a look at Martha Stewart's site and found this:
The above is a very simple sewing machine cover made with a tea towel and some purchased ties. So I took the idea and ran with it. I selected fabric from my own stash and measured and wrote down the dimensions of my sewing machine and began cutting and piecing and sewing. Here's my version:
My version (cover) is quilted within the pieced border of triangles and rectangles; I made my own ties, and have added beads at the bottom for embellishment. Even though my gift is simple and understated, I feel so much better about it. It's colorful and the print fabric I selected does have a sewing motif of buttons and various sewing notions. The swap is tomorrow - wish me luck.
I'm so happy to post again--it's been too long. Until next time!