Thursday, January 31, 2013

Multi-Tasking Quilt Projects

My resolution was to challenge myself . . . and that I did!  I've got a few things going on simultaneously: A Skill Builder Block of the Month featured by Pile O'Fabric, and I'm participating in and the Madrona Road Quilt Challenge through my guilt guild.  Two blocks were due to be ready for Free Motion Quilting today.

Here they are:



The block at the top is called Sound Wave, and the block on the bottom is called Magnum.  I was surprised at how challenging the top block was but I "got her done."

As for the Madrona Road Challenge, we're supposed to have our finished quilt posted on FLICKR today.  I have everything done but the binding.  I can't decide if I'll post it anyway or not--some members post quilt tops without hesitation and go on.  Hmmmm decisions, decisions!  Anyway, the real deadline is February 7 - at the guild meeting.  We will be showing them there. I have decided to let you see it though.  Remember, she's not done yet - still binding and lint rolling and then she'll be good to go.
 



I've named this quilt SCROLL.  Very modern - huh?
 
Also, today, we'll be getting our names for the Mug Rug Swap, so I'm excited about that.  We will be making two mug rugs with different designs that have a bird house/bird theme (not our choice), but yet and still fun to make and the deadline is mid-March.

And did I forget to tell you that I'll be going to QuiltCon in Austin, TX around the end of February?  So there's a lot going on.  Do you have any exciting quilting, cooking, or creative news to share?  Comment if you'd like to share them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .