Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zentangle Workshop

Today, I went to a Zentangle workshop offered through the quilting guild I belong to.  If you are a doodler or an artist, you may be very familiar with this technique and use it as a form of relaxation or meditation.   My guild was offering this workshop as way of introducing another method of design, which could possibly be applied to our quilting techniques, whether you do free motion quilting or long arm quilting.  It seems everyone who attended walked away with little masterpieces and felt pretty good about what they achieved - we all created two different design tiles.  Zentangle is fun and relaxing and it does give you a new approach to stitching the designs onto your quilts; it would be good to at least try it if you haven't had the opportunity.

Here are the completed designs from the workshop attendees:  (Sorry about these not being closer views - I was trying to get them all in the frame.)







Anyway, here's a close-up of one of mine to give you a better idea of the style being taught.



I don't know about you, but for me, this type of art/design reminds me of the psychedelic art we use to see on album covers back in the day.  Do you agree?  If you want to know more about Zentangle, check out their website at www.zentangle.com.  Try it, you'll like it!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .