Friday, December 7, 2012

Bah Humbug!

"Tis' the season" as they say!  As you may have noticed, I haven't posted in a while.  Yes, it's the holiday season but also the flu season, and I was a victim--yuck!  Over a three-week period, I experienced sniffles, a runny nose, coughing, chest congestion, chills, aches and pains, and other things that would be considered too much information.  Through the course of it all, my To Do list, especially this time of year, kept growing.  Consequently, I've accomplished fewer goals than anticipated, but I did accomplish a few.

It all started several days before Thanksgiving and after two weeks of the above, I had a relapse--bah humbug!  In spite of it all, I managed to sort through my accumulated fabric scraps and put them in a three-sectioned wire basket and label the sections:  neutrals, solids, and prints.  My hubby helped me mount it to the side of my cutting/sewing table so it would be convenient to toss scraps in after cutting fabric.  It will surely be a nice source to select from for smaller piecing projects, or maybe a scrap or crazy quilt.




I also folded and organized fabric and displayed them on a four-tiered shelf my husband custom made for a little corner in my sewing room.  He did a wonderful job - don't you think?  I also placed in a frame nine photos of the quilts I made over the past year, which sits on top.




And I made a Christmas ornament for a Christmas gathering my Bunko group had just this past Wednesday.  I perused many craft sites and blogs for an idea and came up with this little Christmas tree.  It was quite fun to make and I got to use paper from my scrapbooking supplies, which made it very nice and economical.




Because I prefer to not work on gifts and quilts when I'm not feeling my best, the Warm and Cozy quilt I had started was put on hold.  (I had posted about it the post previous to this one.)  Last night, however, I resumed that project and made the binding for it.


 
I am back in full swing but find I will be working double time from now until Christmas.  Did I say bah humbug!?  I know I'll soon be back in the holiday spirit once I've knocked out a few more projects.  The "elf" in me will make it happen.  Santa, I'm back so be ready to load up your sleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment or ask questions, I would be happy exchange ideas and thoughts . . .